Thursday, December 11, 2008

Changed my taste

It is said that taste is changing with age. When I was a young, I thought it wasn't correct. However, I realize it recently because I could eat somefood that I dislike. And I didn't like some food that I liked.

I had liked raw fish, sasimi, since I was a child. My family liked it, too. So, we ate it almost every week. I was glad to eat it. Especially, my favorite fish are salmon, urchin, shrimp and flatfish. I ate them without wasabi. I can't eat only wasabi.

I hadn't eaten sasimi lately. So, I ate sasimi yesterday. Surprisingly, I found the fish taste fishy strong. I thought I might dislike raw fish. I like fish, so I often eat grilled fish. I love them. I like fish itself but I don't like to eat fish raw so much.

I realized that, while I realized one thing more. I couldn't eat wasabi until now but I could eat wasabi yesterday. I was surprised because I felt taste of wasabe was good. I try to eat wasabi more!!

Did my taste change indeed??? Perhaps the quality of fish has been bad. I don't know the truth. I'll eat grilled fish in either event.
[215 words]

No comments: