Sunday, November 30, 2008

Secret of Kumamoto

I researched about family names in Kumamoto because I am interested in and I want to know them. I think that there are family names that exist in only Kumamoto prefecture. I want to know the family names and origin.

The family name that exist most in Kumamoto is Tanaka "田中". Second is Nakamura “中村”. Third is Matsumoto “松本”. Tanaka is the old topography family name that came into existence in a meaning that lived in the field. Kansai and the Sea of Japan side have many this family names. Nakamura called Motomura (Hongo) Nakamura for a de-centralized village. This is kyushu of representative family names. Matsumoto is the place where deified pines grow thick. There is a lot this in West Japan with the progenies such as Kanmu Heike clan (Ise).

Next, I introduce unusual family names. 禿 "Hage", 早起 "Hayaki", 父母 "Hubo", 鳳凰 "Houou", 地下 "Chika", 続 "Tsuduki". Especially, Hayaki and Houou is rare family name. These family name exist in only Kumamoto. And, Can you know how to say "一"?? This is "Ninomae". It's so funny name.

There are rare family names exist more in Kumamoto and in the other prefecture, too. I compare it with other prefectures. The North Japan has much Sato family names; "Kanto has much Suzuki family names"; "Kansai has much Tanaka family names". Furthermore, most family names are 佐藤 "Sato" in Japan. Second is 鈴木 "Suzuki", third is 高橋 "Takahashi".

I am interested in family name more. I want to research about family name in Fukuoka.
[243 words]

No comments: